Wednesday 14 December 2011

Sound Effects ~ William Dixon

For the end of our Music Video, we had a scene where it was morning and it was the character waking up from his "dream". To create a better atmosphere I thought I'd add some sound effects. In the summer, I did work experience in London with a professional sound company, and one of the tips a sound effects editor told me is, "add lots of layered sounds, the more sounds, the more of story you create". So for my "story" I wanted to create the idea of there was a city outside. So I added in GarageBand the sound effect of cars driving by, a plan going overhead, police sirens and birds to give a fuller sound and to establish that it's morning. I then imported it into our Final Cut file and added the fade ins and fade outs relevant.

To play the sound effects, click play on the media player below:


No comments:

Post a Comment